Some Twitter-related clients are available in Community and Arch User Repository (AUR). I need to choose a lightweight, GTK-based (GNOME), and stable one.
Open a terminal, type:
yaourt -Ss twitter
Selected results, GUI-based clients:
- community/choqok 0.9.55-1
- A Twitter/identi.ca/laconica client for KDE.
- community/microblog-purple 0.3.0-1
- Libpurple plug-in supporting microblog services like Twitter.
- aur/destroytwitter 2.1.0-1 (45)
- DestroyTwitter is kinda like TweetDeck but more lightweight…
- aur/frogmicroblog 0.1.4-3 (12)
- twitter identi.ca client.
- aur/gtktwitter-git 20090505-1 (18)
- A lightweight Twitter client for Linux written in GTK.
- aur/gtwitter 1.0-3 (47)
- A Linux client for reading and posting to twitter.com web service.
- aur/pidgin-twitter 0.9.1-1 (142)
- Pidgin plugin for Twitter support.
- aur/pino 0.2.11-1 (214)
- Fast, easy and free Twitter client.
- aur/posty 1.8.2-1 (4)
- Adobe AIR twitter/ident.ca client.
- aur/qtwitter 0.10.0-1 (27)
- A simple Qt application for interacting with the Twitter social network.
- aur/qwit 0.10-1 (91)
- Qt4 cross-platform client for Twitter.
- aur/seesmic-desktop 0.7-1 (46)
- Get live updates from your friends on Twitter and Facebook.
- aur/snitter 0.028-1 (10)
- Twitter application using adobe-air.
- aur/tweetdeck 0_34.3-1 (157)
- TweetDeck is an Adobe Air desktop application for twitter that looks to capture the abundance of social media and display it in a unique columned user interface.
- aur/tweetr 3v4-1 (4)
- Tweetr is a lightweight Twitter client with direct webcam access.
- aur/twhirl 0.9.4-1 (64)
- twhirl is a social software desktop client, based on the Adobe AIR platform. Connects to multiple Twitter, laconi.ca, identi.ca, Friendfeed and Seesmic accounts.
- aur/twibble 0.5.1-1 (4)
- Twitter client using Adobe AIR.
- aur/twitux 0.69-5 (160)
- A Twitter client for the Gnome desktop.
- aur/yasst 20100427-5 (4)
- A lightweight multiplatform twitter thingymbob, created with Qt framework.
I have four candidates which is voted often, in ordered:
- pino 0.2.11-1 (214 votes),
- twitux 0.69-5 (160),
- tweetdeck 0_34.3-1 (157),
- pidgin-twitter 0.9.1-1 (142).
So, I decided to install
yaourt -S pino twitux tweetdeck
Pino which is based on Twitter’s API is the most lightweight, I think. Tweetdeck is more rich in features.
Try the 'microblog' keyword also:
yaourt -Ss microblog
- extra/kdeplasma-addons-applets-microblog 4.4.5-1 (kde kdeplasma-addons)
- Update and view your microblog status.
- aur/gwibber2.0 484-1 (67)
- an open source microblogging client for GNOME.
Gwibber2.0 looks promising.